Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz’s contest for Quran and Sunnah
Prince Sultan bin Abdul- Aziz (God bless his Soul), established and funded, this competition as part of his effort to serve Holy Quran and Sunnah, and every year, the Ministry of Indonesian religious affairs, in cooperation with, the religious attaché office of the Embassy of the Custodian of the Two Holly Mosques in Indonesia, organize this competition, under the patronage of his Royal highness Prince Khalid bin Sultan bin Abdul- Aziz, the chairman of the board of foundation’s trustees.
The competition is organized by the following authorities:
- The Ministry of Religious Affairs in the Republic of Indonesia.
- The Embassy of the Custodian of the Two Holly Mosques, which represented by the office of the religious attaché of the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Indonesia.
- The Indonesian Supreme council for Islamic .”Dawa” (Call)
- Association of Indonesian preachers.
Goals of the competition:
- To encourage Muslim kids in the countries of Southeast Asia, to recite, hymn and memorize Quran the Holy Book of Allah, and to study the Sunnah.
- To connect the new generation with the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of his prophet (PBUH), and to adhere to their teachings and moral,.
- To protect Muslin children by instilling the right creed in their hearts, and this will save them all, God willing, from fancies and sedition.
- To enhance brotherhood relation between Muslims communities of Southeast Asia countries.
Due to the importance of this competition, HE. the president of Republic of Indonesia, sponsors its closing ceremony every year.
- First branch: Memorize the whole Quran
- Second branch: Memorize twenty parts
- Third branch: Memorize fifteen parts
- Fourth branch: Memorize ten parts
- Memorize 100 Hadith includes Sanad and Matn
- Memorize 400 Hadith without Sanad
- The Indonesian president sponsored the competition event in its ninth session at the presidential palace in the presence of his excellence/ chairman of the Board of trustees on Thursday 08 Shaaban 1438 Ah ,corresponding to 04 May 2017 G.
- Participants in the competition at the Indonesian and international level totaled 313 Participant. While participating states totaled (17) state.
- The opportunity was granted this year for the participation of female- Quran Memorizers at the level of Jakarta city with total of (30) Memorizer.
- Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Dawah and Guidance & religious Attaché office at the royal embassy of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques in Indonesia participated actively into success of the competition’s events.
- Under the direction of his excellence/ chairman of the Board of trustees, top winners at the competition shall be given a unique chance to get training provided by the most prominent quran reciters in the holy city of Medina.
- During its session held on Monday 08/05/2017 chaired by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, the Saudi Cabinet praised the competition and its active roles .